Sadly, this blog is a bit sleepier than I'd like these days. Pop over here if you'd like to know why.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Applets and Pouchlets

I have a secret project in the works that called upon the talents of my go-to design friend. I knew she'd conjure up a wonderful design for me... so I wanted my item to exchange to be something great. Unfortunately, I was not feeling inspired. I was resolved to do something easy that didn't require fancy supplies but looked extra special.

Finally, I found it. At first I was bored with the idea of making another zipper pouch... but this one is different.

There's a ruffle!





I used some fabric I bought on a whim from Daiso (love that place too much, much much). Happily for me, the edges were already surged... making it easy for me to make my own ruffle (instead of reusing as the tutorial suggests). The exterior fabric is from Ikea, leftover from previous projects.

I felt like the pouch needed something extra... a scrap of red felt did the trick.



A few days later I made a cousin pouch in a different color way for a friend's birthday.





It felt good to get the sewing machine out.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

So cute! You're so talented. I really have to get my machine fixed so we can have another sewing date. You need to teach me some more of your mad skillz!