Sadly, this blog is a bit sleepier than I'd like these days. Pop over here if you'd like to know why.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

What's for Dinner?

Last week it was my turn to host Hump Day dinner.

I decided to recreate my favorite sandwich from one of my favorite Portland food carts, The Grilled Cheese Grill. My favorite part of eating at The Grilled Cheese Grill is that you get to eat your food while sitting in a converted school bus! It's such a fun feeling to be eating a childhood favorite on a bus!

Beverage: Soda water with lemon/lime and Capri Suns (you know to go with the grilled cheese!)



Salad: Apple and sunflower seed with honey mustard



Soup: Tomato with homemade pesto



Sandwich: Havarti cheese, tomato, and dijon mustard grilled on a whole wheat baguette



Dessert: Peanut butter chocolate covered bananas



I was laughing at dinner about how all of the foods I prepared don't exactly photograph well. Soup, melted cheese, and lumps of chocolate aren't the prettiest of things, but at least they taste good!

No comments: