Sadly, this blog is a bit sleepier than I'd like these days. Pop over here if you'd like to know why.

Saturday, December 3, 2011

UAE Cookies

Yesterday was the United Arab Emirates' 40th birthday. I had some frozen cookie dough on hand so I made cookies for a little get together Mike and I attended last night.

I improvised the frosting this time by mixing a dash of vanilla and 3/4 cup powdered sugar with a few tablespoons of cream. (Soymilk would have been my first choice but strangely all I had was the cream.)



I love vanilla refrigerator cookies*. Vanilla cookies with vanilla frosting. I guess that's a bit boring but I love them. Every time.

*I've always used Betty Crocker's recipe from my Mom's cookbook until I moved so far away. Many of the recipes online are missing ingredients (which is really weird) but this one seems to work just fine (even with egg replacer).

No comments: