Sadly, this blog is a bit sleepier than I'd like these days. Pop over here if you'd like to know why.

Friday, December 4, 2009

Bread Abroad

Now that I'm finally settling in to my new apartment (and new life) here in Abu Dhabi, I thought I'd take advantage of my last few days off of work. What better way to spend the day at home than by baking bread?

Bread Abroad

I looked to my usual basic bread recipe because I knew I had all the ingredients on hand (subbing soymilk for dairy, olive oil for butter). Then I added 3 cloves of garlic sauteed in olive oil and various shakes of thyme, oregano, and sage. As a fan of savory breads, I was pretty happy with what popped out of my oven. The flavor is mild but present and the texture is on the course side. A nice country styled loaf in this big new city of mine.

2 comments:

Annie said...

take it from the bread girl, it looks AMAZING!

Unknown said...

Oh yum, you are truly a domestic goddess. Seasons greetings from the UK