Sadly, this blog is a bit sleepier than I'd like these days. Pop over here if you'd like to know why.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Belated Belated V-Day Cards

At some point in my life a few years ago I realized I was no longer celebrating Valentine's Day in the traditional way. It's just always been a bit... archaic to me. Oh, and cliche.

It most certainly has something to do with the enduring notion that women expect red roses, chocolates, and fancy jewelry. Uck.

That's not to say I don't have fond memories of elementary school Valentine's Day parties. So maybe it's just the adult version of Valentine's Day I find annoying. And don't get me started on Singles Awareness Day. Blech.

I've always been of the mentality that I'd prefer to show people I love them by the way I treat them every day... and maybe something extra special out of the blue. Don't tell me what to do and when and how to do it.

Now, on Valentine's Day I perfer to celebrate V-Day. V-Day is a global movement started by Eve Ensler to end violence against women and girls.

And there's a whole lot of love in that.

V-Day Cards

This year my V-Day cards were a bit late to come about. I downloaded this very cute lady pirate from Mer Mag and stitched on their eye patches.

Happy V-Day! You know... a couple of weeks ago...

No comments: