Sadly, this blog is a bit sleepier than I'd like these days. Pop over here if you'd like to know why.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Herb-Fantastic Ciabatta Bread

It's really hard for me to make homemade soup without making homemade bread. The two go so nicely together. Thankfully, an old friend from Sarah J Anderson days shared a recipe for ciabatta bread that requires only one minute of prep time. It's amazing how easy and how delicious it is.



Yesterday morning, since I hoped to make soup in the evening, I prepared the dough and headed to school. Eight hours later the bread baked while the soup simmered, and I shared it all with a special out of town dinner guest who happened upon my doorstep.

[Oh, and it's vegan. The topping is nutritional yeast, garlic powder, sage, thyme, and oregano. The soup was split pea.]

No comments: