Sadly, this blog is a bit sleepier than I'd like these days. Pop over here if you'd like to know why.

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Stess Ball / Birthday Hat

I've been wanting to make a stress ball hat since September. I ordered the Rowan big wool and everything. Finally a friend's request for a birthday hat gave me a reason. It was so fun, so easy, and so quick. I started it a few days ago, took it to a potluck and to work, and then finished it up last night.

I made a couple changes to the pattern. I wasn't sure how big to make it, but I figured bigger is better than smaller, so I cast on 55 stitches instead of 50. Then the earflaps looked too small, so I picked up 11 stitches instead of 9. Plus, he decided to not have a pom on top. So it's pom-less.

I also ended up not using the Rowan yarn. The color was awesome, camouflage but more brownish. But after reading the care instructions it just seemed too intense for the recipient. I went with a basic Lion Brand "thick and quick" in charcoal instead.

Here's what it looks like. I'm saving a zoomed out shot until after it's gifted... you never know who reads the blog!

1 comment:

Nikki.O said...

i like those kinds of hats! very neat :)