Sadly, this blog is a bit sleepier than I'd like these days. Pop over here if you'd like to know why.

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Vegan Oreo Peanut Butter Truffles

In the words of my sister, "Is this your vegan food blog now?" Good question. No.

The point of the blog is to talk about "things" made by hand. Let's be tactile. Typically, I cook/bake with my hands.

The knit blogging will return. Promise.

So here's the truffles. I made these for a friend's birthday. She was a fan of my peanut butter chocolate cupcakes, so these truffles seemed fitting. They are super easy to make. Take "oreos" ... I used Newman O's, but regular Oreos are actually vegan. Scrape off the "cream" ... crumble up the oreos, add some creamy peanut butter, and dip it all in chocolate. Here's the recipe. (yep, VegWeb again!).

Vegan Oreo Peanut Butter Truffles

4 comments:

Nikki.O said...

they are very tasty. Although now i'm a bit worried...i don't think i have any vegan recipes in the cookbook i'm almost done making you :(

Jill said...

don't worry!

Jess P. said...

Thank you for this! My daughter is allergic to milk and this would totally rock her world!! And let's be honest, my world too. Yummy.

Jill said...

Jess P: I'm glad! You'll love them. Easiest recipe!