Sadly, this blog is a bit sleepier than I'd like these days. Pop over here if you'd like to know why.

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Napkins to Pack

Napkins

My scout in Abu Dhabi mentioned she had a hard time finding cloth napkins. When I combined this information with the knowledge that Stitchcraft is selling it's remaining fabric at $5 a yard... I settled on a quick little project to keep myself busy during the Great Wait of '09.

During this project I abandoned the style of corners I had been so excited about this spring. Now, instead of snipping off the raw corners, I just fold the fabric over. This way I don't have exposed raw edges if the sides don't line up correctly. (Except reading the tutorial again, that's pretty much what it's telling you to do... I just didn't follow it from memory very accurately!)

It seems a little silly to pack your own cloth napkins... but they certainly don't weigh much. And you just never know when you might need one...

(Currently flying over the US...)

No comments: