Sadly, this blog is a bit sleepier than I'd like these days. Pop over here if you'd like to know why.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Aprons for Thailand

Today I'm setting off for Thailand! I will be doing a few weeks of volunteering with the Thai Child Development Foundation (and a few weeks of travel as well). Last month I was reading over the foundation's Wish List and noticed they were asking for aprons. Having too much fabric and ample time on my hands, I decided to make some!



It was a slow process at times. I really hate turning tubes of heavy weight fabric. But it was all worth it. Now I have 5 cute aprons to donate to an amazing cause.



I used this pattern for a child's apron from Sew Liberated. I used the 6-8 size pattern pieces but added an inch across and an inch in length. I don't know exactly how big the children will be but I wanted the aprons to be able to fit older kids, if necessary.


The reverse side.

It always feels great when you can use your skills or something you love doing to help other people.

No comments: