Sadly, this blog is a bit sleepier than I'd like these days. Pop over here if you'd like to know why.

Friday, March 28, 2008

Two Items of Delight

So... this post doesn't really fit my theme of "handmade" ... but the discovery of both were just too exciting to not pass on.

1. Watching the monitor today at my favorite local credit union, I noticed a blurb for this site. Hello, you can say "No!" to unsolicited credit card offers! I was so excited I grabbed a pen and wrote down the address on my receipt. Online you can opt out for 5 years, or you can print a form to opt out for life. I did the 5 year plan, opting out with both my mailing and permanent address.

2. The t-shirts at TippiTappi. Normally I don't like slogan blaring shirts, and even some of these are too much for me, but I love this little one. (It says, "Love birds, don't eat them.)

I had to take a little break from veg-lit for a while... Honestly, although I find it inspiring, it gets quite depressing to know you are making earth and animal unfriendly choices everyday.

And now I'm going to finish my pair of socks with yarn I'm sure Peta would not approve of.

No comments: