Sadly, this blog is a bit sleepier than I'd like these days. Pop over here if you'd like to know why.

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

My First Sock (Cuff)


Originally uploaded by pilliebee

So last week was a horrendous week. Luckily, it also included two huge highlights. One, a children's literature conference (blogged here), and the other..."Knit Your Socks Off!"

The benefit for working at a community college is FREE classes. I can take any class I want, assuming there's an empty spot, for zero dollars. I was on the edge of my seat all last week waiting to see if the last spot in the newly offered sock knitting class would fill. It finally did... by me!

I was a little nervous having never had any "formal" lessons. Apparently I cast on strangely, (the instructor wants to watch me do it), but otherwise... I was ahead of the game. Of course, that wasn't a huge surprise considering most of the students had just learned to knit a few weeks before... but still. I was kinda proud that I got my ribbing going so quickly and was able to get quite a bit done during class.

This week... we turn the heel! Excited.

No comments: