Sadly, this blog is a bit sleepier than I'd like these days. Pop over here if you'd like to know why.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I Didn't Think I Liked Blueberries

Blueberry Picking

Apparently, I do. I headed back to my favorite family owned berry farm a few days ago to take advantage of the bountiful blueberry crop. I didn't think I really liked blueberries. I just couldn't imagine letting a harvest go by without taking part.

Blueberry Picking

The berries were gigantic and basically jumped into my bucket... which helps to explain how I ended up with 5lbs.

Blueberry Picking

What I can't really explain is where those 5lbs went over the course of 3 days. By the time my roommate came back into town, I found there were only a few berries left to spare and I didn't have a very good explanation. It seems that a day spent knitting and watching Planet Earth leads to the disappearance of blueberries.

Of course I did bake these lovelies, but they only required a cup.

Vegan Blueberry Muffins

1 comment:

tryingtobegreener said...

I LOVE blueberries and look forward to the season every summer. They've been shown to help with brain power. As if the taste of them wasn't great enough!

[birthday contest]