Sadly, this blog is a bit sleepier than I'd like these days. Pop over here if you'd like to know why.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Cowl-a-bunga!

I knit something for myself, actually. I think the last item I knit but didn't gift or exchange away was this very happy hat. And even though I have plenty of projects lined up for others, I decided to jump queue with something for me. But it's ok because it was crazy easy and fast.

I thought a bright green cowl would look nice with my navy coat. Something different. After a quick search for patterns, I picked this little one.

Cowl

The yarn is Misti Alpaca Chunky in Chartreuse Melange.

You can't really see the yarn overs (the holes) very well in my finished product. Not sure what happened there.

Cowl

The happy ending is that I sewed the cowl up and promptly took it out for crepes.

3 comments:

tryingtobegreener said...

I think it looks great - wish I had one :-)

jana said...

you might be wrapping the yarn in the wrong direction. but it still looks cute.

Jill said...

i thought of that too. i started over once and wrapped it a different way and it made it look better. i'll show it to you in person sometime.