Sadly, this blog is a bit sleepier than I'd like these days. Pop over here if you'd like to know why.

Friday, December 26, 2008

Granola

And the parade of Christmas gifts begins...with a recipe.

Granola

This granola is super yummy. I've given it as gifts to several different people on several different occasions. This year it was a special request from my dad followed by a hint. "I loved that granola you made for me before... the only problem is that my wife likes it too."

The only solution? His and Hers granola.

Granola

I'm mostly certain this recipe originally came from Vegan Meals for One or Two. This is the variation I like.

Your Own Granola
makes 4 cups

1/2 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup Earth Balance
2 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup cashews
1/3 cup sunflower seeds

Preheat oven to 375. In a small pan, heat syrup and Earth Balance on low, stirring until melted.
In a medium sized baking dish, combine remaining ingredients.
Drizzle syrup mixture over oat mixture evenly.

Bake in oven for approximately 25 minutes or until browned. I usually do 8 minute increments, stirring each time.

Store in an airtight container.

2 comments:

tryingtobegreener said...

It looks really yummy! One question, though - what's "Earth's Balance"?

Jill said...

I added a link! It's a vegan margarine. You could also use butter.