Sadly, this blog is a bit sleepier than I'd like these days. Pop over here if you'd like to know why.

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Tis the Season...

Walk and Knock 2008

...for the annual Walk and Knock Food Drive! This year is the 24th year... and more food is collected each time! Last year the drive collected 141 tons of food and $16,000 to buy more. It took us about 2 and a half hours to complete our route. Just as I'd start to get a little discouraged from house after house with no response, something amazing would happen... like the woman who filled four grocery sacks to the brim with really good food. I love people.

I'm so impressed with the coordination and dedication of all the volunteers... And thanks to the creators, Bud Pasmore and Doug Rae.

Here's to a few less hungry bellies!

1 comment:

Nikki.O said...

Walk n' Knock! YAY! aw, bellingham... I did a ton of grocery shopping today and filled one of my larger reusables full of food to donate. Albertsons has some killer deals. I stock up on food bank stuff every time I go there.