Sadly, this blog is a bit sleepier than I'd like these days. Pop over here if you'd like to know why.

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Zipper Pouch

My stupid friend Ann had a birthday a few weeks ago. I took my time deciding what to make her and settled on a quick little zipper pouch. Except, it didn't really end up being that quick. First, I realized I didn't have a zipper foot and had to wait until the next day for the sewing shop to open. Then I had to figure out how to attach it to my machine... which was way simpler than I was making it.

Zipper Pouch

All in all, it was a good experience for learning a new sewing skill but far too much time spent doing something nice for Ann. (Don't fret, we have a very entertaining faux-love-hate relationship. I mean, she knows that when I said I couldn't attend her birthday because I have a policy against stupid people's parties, I really meant, "I won't be able to drive to Seattle that day").

Zipper Pouch

And the shape looks a little wonky in these photos, but it actually turned out pretty well. Hopefully it arrives in the mail shortly with the enclosed Pixie Stix in tact. I didn't think about the foolishness of mailing light colored powder until it was too late..

1 comment:

ANGELA. said...

so cute! just like mine :)

i still am working on that quote book!