Sadly, this blog is a bit sleepier than I'd like these days. Pop over here if you'd like to know why.

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Spring Ruffle Top

Making Lemonade Weekend

I made a bold statement last week. I might have said something along the lines of... "I'm going to make all my own clothes this summer." Um... we'll see how that goes. Last weekend I kicked off the promise by making a Spring Ruffle Top. It was incredibly easy and fun to make. What a success for my first garment!

Making Lemonade Weekend

I followed the tutorial pretty closely except I opted to gather the top instead of making little pleats. I think next time I'll try a little shaping to help avoid the maternity look a bit. I have big plans for this little tutorial.

Making Lemonade Weekend

Memorial Day was the perfect occasion to debut my new top to the world. Molly and I had a playdate at Anderson Island complete with a homemade bread picnic (three day weekend bread baking tradition, you know) and fixed gear bikes, with baskets! (Oh yeah, there were a few lemons too...)

Making Lemonade Weekend Mosaic

It could not have been a better day. See more of the fun here.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

VERY nice! I love all the pictures of you and Molly! You both have a good eye, and creative photography! Hope you had a good weekend.