Sadly, this blog is a bit sleepier than I'd like these days. Pop over here if you'd like to know why.

Sunday, December 2, 2007

The Great Snow-Yarn Debacle

Friday night I thought, "Oh, I'll just spend a little time knitting up the secret something." I began and after what felt like a few minutes, 5 hours had passed. But my secret something (gray blob) was complete.

Saturday morning I woke up to snowflakes. My first thought? "What am I going to knit?! I finished the secret something!" I decided I'd spend some time crafting other neat crafties and then run out to the yarn store. Then, it became apparent that things were getting interesting outside. I decided to venture out.

So, motivated by Apple Yarns and an added task to get yeast for a roomie, the adventure began. About 3 blocks from my house I went into a slide. The next thing I know there's about 4 or 5 cars in front of me stuck going up a small hill. (Keep in mind there's about an inch of snow on the ground.) I followed a car weaving in and out of the stuckies. After much slow slow driving I made it to the freeway (where I got up to 40mph!).

Apple Yarns was basically empty... I grabbed the yeast at a nearby grocery store and headed home. Things went well (very slow, but well) until I got back to where I first slid. This big gargantuan truck was flying down the hill and forced me to the side of the road, where I slid and hit the curb. A roomie came to help and we got my car straighted out and parked. We hiked the last few blocks back.

But I think it was worth it.

No comments: