Sadly, this blog is a bit sleepier than I'd like these days. Pop over here if you'd like to know why.

Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Bearded Lady

You know those pretty little holiday cards my friend Sandra made me? Well, they were half of a much anticipated exchange we concocted. Forever ago, maybe last spring, Sandra asked if I would knit her the ultimate winter hat. She had something quite specific in mind.

I started scouring the web looking for patterns. With a hat like this, there's not much selection. On my third attempt I felt happy enough to finish the hat through.

I smooshed it in a box (with a few other goodies from Redbird Studio) and sent it on it's way to Germany.

I didn't know Sandra would look so good with a beard. (She's amazing at everything, I should have realized.)

1 comment:

tryingtobegreener said...

You're a very talented knitter and your friend has a great sense of humor - two great qualities to possess :-)