Sadly, this blog is a bit sleepier than I'd like these days. Pop over here if you'd like to know why.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Dopp Kit

This project was in my sights all summer. It's a dopp kit. Or I suppose you could call it a toiletries kit, but that's not as much fun.



I followed a tutorial at Purl Bee and then went off in my own direction. The tutorial creates a bag that's not lined or waterproof. A toiletries kit that won't survive a spill didn't seem like a very good idea. To fix that problem I created a liner for the inside. I used iron-on vinyl to make the liner waterproof and hand stitched it in. Now, if something spills inside I can just wipe it out.



I think it worked pretty well. The liner made the shape a bit funky but that will change when it's filled with soaps and shampoos.



I'll be testing it out on my travels this summer.

No comments: