Sadly, this blog is a bit sleepier than I'd like these days. Pop over here if you'd like to know why.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Carly Apron

I wanted to thank a coworker for being exceptionally warm and encouraging towards me this year. I spotted some Heidi Grace fabric that was perfectly tailored to her. She has a knack for unknowingly selecting clothing featuring little bird designs. Unfortunately, when I had time in my sewing schedule, the fabric had sold out.

The Carly Apron

Luckily, I had stash fabric that perhaps was even better suited to her.

The Carly Apron

What should have been a quick easy project turned into a heinous beast for reasons I can't fathom. At a certain point you just have to give in to the fact that some projects will have more "design features" than others. ("Design feature" is my sister's code for sewing mishaps.)

The Carly Apron

In the future I'd raise the pocket up a few inches... but considering all the trouble this apron was giving me, I didn't think it wise to rip it off and reattach.

The good news is she liked it!

No comments: