Sadly, this blog is a bit sleepier than I'd like these days. Pop over here if you'd like to know why.

Friday, July 17, 2009

Lemon Squeeze Apron

Sometimes I get an idea in my head and it bounces around mercilessly. Driving home from Seattle I just had to make Ann an apron with lemons on it! I'm missing her future bridal shower and wanted to still do something for her because shhh... she's actually a really great friend. (Just don't tell her I said that, please!).

DSC_0027

The next day I was able to make it to the fabric store to snag the fabric I had in mind. She said her favorite color was yellow so...

DSC_0032

I went back to basics with this apron because I've been strapped for time lately. The one change I did make was doing pleats across the front instead of gathering. I like this change a lot. It takes a bit more time to set up... but the actual sewing part is a lot easier. I think it also gives it a nice crisp look as well... just ignore the wrinkles in the photos.

DSC_0033

No comments: